Some amazing facts about Mobile Marketing
If Google’s Mobilegeddon of sites that were not mobile friendly was not warning enough, 2015 is the iconic year that mobile use has skyrocketed. Don’t believe this? Let’s let the fact speak for themselves.
- As of last year, total time spent on Mobile Devices exceeded that of time spent on PC’s
- 1 in 5 people in the world own a smartphone
- 25% of people who own are between 18-44 years and are constantly addicted to have their phones next to them
- Of Facebook’s 874 million mobile users, 189 Million of them are “mobile only”
- Time spent per day by adult Internet users has moved from less than an hour a day five years ago to nearly three hours a day today.
- There are 224 million monthly active app users in the US
- Total mobile engagement on social has grown 55% in the past year
- 74% of smartphone users use their phone to help with shopping
- In 2014, 42% of all mobile sales generated by the leading 500 merchants came from mobile apps
So, what do the statistics have to say about what people are using all this time on? A whopping 99.5% access content/information, 63.1% access the Internet, 62.1% check email, 49.2% listen to music, 46% play games, 41.7% download and use apps, 15% make purchases and 15% read books.
What do all these numbers mean?
You’ve probably guessed by now, that these numbers mean people are on their phone or tablet more than ever before. This is directly indicative need for marketers to now meet their consumers over this channel, specifically with quality, informative content.
This all culminates to the prediction of a 50% growth in this year to the next in total ad spending by emarketer. This same prediction also foresees 2019 as having 72% of all total ad spend. As it is obvious to us that mobile is becoming more and more important to humans, it is similarly as obvious to other companies.