The Future of Mobile Advertising & Driving Factors Behind Its Growth
If Google’s Mobilegeddon of sites that were not mobile friendly was not warning enough, 2015 is the iconic year that mobile use has skyrocketed. Don’t believe this? Let’s let the fact speak for themselves.
- As of last year, total time spent on Mobile Devices exceeded that of time spent on PC’s
- 1 in 5 people in the world own a smartphone
- 25% of people who own are between 18-44 years and are constantly addicted to have their phones next to them
- Of Facebook’s 874 million mobile users, 189 Million of them are “mobile only”
- Time spent per day by adult Internet users has moved from less than an hour a day five years ago to nearly three hours a day today.
- There are 224 million monthly active app users in the US
- Total mobile engagement on social has grown 55% in the past year
- 74% of smartphone users use their phone to help with shopping
- In 2014, 42% of all mobile sales generated by the leading 500 merchants came from mobile apps
So, what do the statistics have to say about what people are using all this time on? A whopping 99.5% access content/information, 63.1% access the Internet, 62.1% check email, 49.2% listen to music, 46% play games, 41.7% download and use apps, 15% make purchases and 15% read books.
What do all these numbers mean?
You’ve probably guessed by now, that these numbers mean people are on their phone or tablet more than ever before. This is directly indicative need for marketers to now meet their consumers over this channel, specifically with quality, informative content.
This all culminates to the prediction of a 50% growth in this year to the next in total ad spending by emarketer. This same prediction also foresees 2019 as having 72% of all total ad spend. As it is obvious to us that mobile is becoming more and more important to humans, it is similarly as obvious to other companies.
No that you know what the future of mobile advertising is you might be interested in reading about” Mobile Advertising – You Just Can’t Ignore It Anymore”
According to a report by eMarketer, mobile advertising will dominate the advertising space in the next 5 years. In fact they have predicted the spending on mobile advertising to double by 2020 in comparison to 2014. The steep growth is indeed attributed to more than 7 billion mobile subscribers worldwide. By 2020, most of the mobile users will be using web enabled devices. And these mobile subscribers will be engaged users, more than ever before.
Some trends also show that consumers are spending lesser time with print media and television, and are rapidly moving towards mobiles. While advertisers are gradually increasing their spending on mobile advertising, the amount will increase alarmingly in the coming years.
Today’s consumer wants to be consistently connected and wants a seamless flow of information. They are using more of their mobiles in comparison to desktops. Users are spending more time on their tablets and smartphones and this trend is only growing. The consumers want to see more engaging and visually rich content but also it should be not intrusive to their use. The key is really to provide useful, relevant and captivating mobile ads to the consumers.
Want an expert to relook at your mobile advertising plan?
Click here: https://www.digitalsuccess.us/contact.html