Over the years, the entire world has started shifting to online shopping; it has changed the market in plenty of ways. How businesses market their...
From powerfully passionate speakers like Mig Reyes to highly seasoned experts like Alan Bleiweiss with 22 years in SEO, the 2015 State of Search conference came and went last month in our very own Downtown Dallas.
Breaking things and burning business cards were just a few of the advised actions from Rand Fishkin and Mig Reyes.
With so many prolific speakers, not learning something wasn’t an option.
To segment the topics here are the top takeaways from the content and SEO portions of the event.
Content creation Highlights of the State of Search Conference
- Outreaching to connections before rolling out content is vital (PR media connections, other bloggers, blog platform owner notifications, influencers, etc.). Outreach works best for big content, but blogs naturally get shared more often.
- John Doherty’s slides on this here.
- There are many things the most viral content pieces have in common; here they are segmented into slides
- Ross Hudgens’ slides on this here.
- Data driven content is the best-performing kind of content (also interesting local content based on data like “Top earning ____ in Dallas”).
- Find this on the second half of John Doherty’s slides here.
- “Hub and spoke” type of on-site content setup with smaller pieces pointing back to a large guide is highly effective, especially for SEO.
- Ruth Burr Reedy’s slides on this here.
- Marketing teams from digital marketing agencies can talk all day about doing something but execution is critical to success.
Outrank your Competition on Google in 90 Days!
Contact us to get a free SEO/PPC audit and discuss how you can outrank your competition within the first 3 months.
SEO Highlights of the State of Search Conference
- SEO is a highly scientific process involving multiple algorithms and many, many ugly websites. Sending the proper signals to Google isn’t rocket science, its SEO.
- Alan Bleiweiss’ slides on this here.
- Try to get indexed in a “featured snippet” within Google by creating articles with numbered lists and answer direct questions within the article for Google to pick up on.
- Eric Enge’s explanation of how to do this here.
- Check and make sure you never use public domain data as Google indexes this and give you no credit or link backs.
- Eric Enge’s slides 27 and 28 here.
- Cleaning up and doing high-value local SEO for multi-location businesses can be complicated but is very possible.
- Dan Liebson’s approach on how best to do this here.
- With 91.6 million smart watches sold by 2018, wearables aren’t exactly a futuristic technology anymore. Internal SEO’s and those from digital marketing agencies need to realize this and progress as soon as possible.
The digital landscape in 2015 is vastly different from what we saw only a year ago, and this conference gave us the opportunity to pool collective knowledge gained from other prolific digital marketers.
We've optimized 5000+ websites and managed a combined Ads Budget of over 50M
Get in touch to know how we can help your business grow. Get a Free Website Audit in the process
"We are grateful for the guidance we received from Digital Success Agency with our SEO efforts. Not only did they help increase traffic to our site, they also made suggestions for improvements so that we could enhance our content. Team was always helpful and quick with any requests or questions we had. We were very happy with this partnership."
"Digital Success Agency team does great work and provides great customer service. Their prices are very reasonable as well. I like the fact that I have a person dedicated to my account that I can turn with all my questions/issues."
"Things are looking good. The influence of the top ten looks great and it appears we were even in terms of overall traffic from November to December aside from lower PPC numbers which is what we are attempting to do. Nice work. I am excited to see how things shake out when our busy season starts to really take off. Thanks again to you and the team."
"It was a pleasure working with Digital Success Agency team. I wanted to make sure I thanked you for all your hard work, and such speedy communication and clear updates. Again it was great to have you as part of our team."
"We appreciate the help you all have provided with our website and SEO efforts. And though you and I had just started working together, I personally have been very impressed with your thoroughness and quick communication."
"The Digital Success Agency team is knowledgeable and hard working; just what we need from a strategic partner as we look to grow our business. I would recommend them for your SEO and PPC needs without hesitation. Four years ago we made that decision and it's paid off nicely!"
"Having Digital Success Agency as our SEO partner has allowed our agency to concentrate on what we do best. Developing full creative campaigns are what we excel at as a group. Incorporating Digital Success Agency SEO plans and developing web tools to support the creative that we develop provides support for all our client initiatives. As an agency I would recommend engaging Digital Success Agency in web projects of all levels."
"Having worked with Digital Success Agency since 2006, it has always been a great experience working with all the folks over there. They are extremely qualified, and have always demonstrated an incredible level of enthusiasm and professionalism when working with me. I'd recommend them to anyone looking to expand in-house capabilities, or is looking to bring on outside resources."
"You have been by far the best outside resources I've worked with for SEO and it's reflected in the clients you managed - all grew their traffic, keyword rankings, and leads under you. You've been a big help for me over the last few years and I really appreciate it. "
Google has been quite active in August – announcing one of their biggest updates in over a decade – The ‘Helpful Content Update’, along with...
We live in a day and age where traditional marketing methods don’t work as effectively, even for localized businesses like construction companies. Convenience is driving...
SEO stands for search engine optimization. It is a strategy that helps you rank your website or the content higher on search engines. If you...
Are You Aware of these 10 (un)Popular SEO and Digital Marketing Scams & Steps to Safeguard Yourself?
Let’s go by the statistics first! Almost 70% of businesses are offered search engine optimization services, if not more, once every week. Yes, that’s how...