Over the years, the entire world has started shifting to online shopping; it has changed the market in plenty of ways. How businesses market their...
The Ultimate Guide to Creating a Digital Marketing Strategy for Mompreneurs
As a mom, you already have a lot on your plate. From managing your kids, family, and home, you are also running your business efficiently.
However, when it comes to expanding your business, you cannot rely solely on the quality of your products. You need to market your business and boost brand awareness to attract potential customers.
With over 2.14 billion people buying products online, digital marketing should be your go-to strategy to reach potential customers and get more sales.
We’ve put together this guide to help you improve your digital presence and create a marketing strategy that works.
But, before we get started, let’s get into the basics of digital marketing strategy that can help improve your success rate.
1- Create a Buyer Persona
For any marketing strategy to succeed, you need to target the right person. Therefore, the first step is to create detailed buyer personas.
A buyer persona is a description of your ideal customer based on real data about your existing customers and market research. It can be created by researching, surveying, and interviewing your existing customers.
Here are some details you should gather:
- Goals and challenges
- Hobbies and interests
- Purchasing behavior
- Digital channels they use the most
Here is an example of how a buyer persona looks:
2- Evaluate Your Existing Digital Channels
When creating a digital marketing strategy, it’s vital to evaluate your existing channels. This will help optimize them and determine what to incorporate into your strategy.
Here are different types of channels or assets you might have:
- Owned media: It includes your website, social media profiles, blog, and other digital assets that you have complete control over.
- Earned media: It includes the exposure you’ve earned through word-of-mouth marketing, such as guest posts, PR work, positive reviews, or social media mentions.
- Paid media: It includes channels you spend money on to attract potential customers, such as paid ads and native advertising (sponsored posts on other websites).
Determine where you stand with these assets. Make a list of your assets and rank them based on what has performed best in terms of your business goals.
The idea here is to determine what’s working and what’s not.
Even if you don’t have any existing digital channels, that’s ok. We all start somewhere, right?
That said, let’s look at how to boost your web presence.
5 Digital Marketing Strategies for Mompreneurs
We will discuss five most effective digital marketing strategies that can help you boost brand awareness and increase sales.
1- Improve Your Website’s SEO
These numbers indicate that SEO (search engine optimization) is still important. SEO is the process of optimizing your website to rank higher on search engine results pages.
Here are some ways to improve your website’s SEO:
- Audit your website to find SEO issues. Tools like Ubersuggest or SEOptimer help determine the health of your website and provide recommendations to improve it.
- Improve your page loading speed. Google uses page speed to rank websites. Plus, if your site takes too much time to load, customers are likely to go back to the search results, thereby increasing the bounce rate. You can check your site loading speed using Google PageSpeed Insights. Ensure that your site loads in less than 5 seconds.
- Generate backlinks from authoritative websites in your niche to increase your site’s credibility.
- Ensure that your website is optimized for devices of all sizes. Apart from helping you rank higher, mobile optimization can also generate more sales. The worldwide mCommerce sales in eCommerce are expected to reach 72.9% by 2021.
- Use the right keywords to rank on top for relevant search queries. You can use tools like WordStream or Answer the Public to find keywords that your potential customers enter into the search engine.
2- Run Paid Ads
SEO delivers results but takes time (months, usually). On the other hand, paid ads generate outcomes from day one (when optimized appropriately).
Though paid ads can be expensive, they can help drive more sales and brand awareness when combined with SEO.
Follow these best practices when running paid ads to increase your return on ad spend (ROAS):
- Use the right keywords to get in front of customers who are actively looking for your products.
- Leverage Google Smart Bidding to optimize your bids automatically as per your business goals.
- Create unique landing pages for each ad. Ensure that the pages reflect the offerings in your ads.
- Insert unique phone numbers on each ad to track offline conversions. You can buy local virtual numbers at an affordable rate from iTeleCenter. Local numbers make your business look attractive and increase the chances of conversions.
3- Leverage Content Marketing
Content marketing helps you showcase your expertise, provides additional space to include keywords, and increases your chances of ranking on the top of result pages.
If you haven’t already started blogging, now is the right time to do it. And when you do, follow these best practices:
- Write about topics that your target audience is concerned about.
- Provide actionable tips in your blogs to help your prospects solve their pain points.
- Add relevant internal links in your articles to encourage readers to spend more time on your site.
- Use keywords in headings, subheadings, and meta descriptions. Also, use terms related to your primary keywords, also known as LSI (Lamentic Semantic Indexing).
4- Create Facebook and Instagram Shops
Social networks, especially Facebook and Instagram, allow you to sell products from within the platform. You can set up Facebook and Instagram Shopping to boost your social presence and increase sales.
In a survey by Facebook, 81% of respondents said that Instagram helps them research products and services, while 83% of them use it to discover new products.
Follow these social media best practices to increase sales:
- Post about your products regularly and highlight why it is worth buying.
- Create stories to highlight the process behind your products or business to build a relationship with customers.
- Share photos or videos that your customers have posted on social media.
- Engage with the comments on your posts.
5- Use Email Marketing
Email marketing is one of the cost-effective ways to market your product. When done right, it can generate $38 for every $1 spent. You can collect emails when customers buy products from you and even via blogging.
Once you’ve built an email list:
- Send newsletters regularly to engage your customers.
- Share latest products and offerings to entice them into buying again.
- Personalize the subject line and preview text to increase the open rate.
- A/B tests different subject lines and calls to action to determine what works best.
Digital marketing helps reach tech-savvy customers and generate more sales. However, before you create a digital marketing strategy, you need to understand your ideal customers. Then, analyze your existing digital assets and optimize them to generate results.
Tired of Low Website Traffic, Store Calls/Visits, Low/No Conversions & Leads?
Get in touch with our team of experts to discuss SEO, SEM and Paid Marketing solutions. Get a free SEO/PPC/Content Audit!
We've optimized 5000+ websites and managed a combined Ads Budget of over 50M
Get in touch to know how we can help your business grow. Get a Free Website Audit in the process
"We are grateful for the guidance we received from Digital Success Agency with our SEO efforts. Not only did they help increase traffic to our site, they also made suggestions for improvements so that we could enhance our content. Team was always helpful and quick with any requests or questions we had. We were very happy with this partnership."
"Digital Success Agency team does great work and provides great customer service. Their prices are very reasonable as well. I like the fact that I have a person dedicated to my account that I can turn with all my questions/issues."
"Things are looking good. The influence of the top ten looks great and it appears we were even in terms of overall traffic from November to December aside from lower PPC numbers which is what we are attempting to do. Nice work. I am excited to see how things shake out when our busy season starts to really take off. Thanks again to you and the team."
"It was a pleasure working with Digital Success Agency team. I wanted to make sure I thanked you for all your hard work, and such speedy communication and clear updates. Again it was great to have you as part of our team."
"We appreciate the help you all have provided with our website and SEO efforts. And though you and I had just started working together, I personally have been very impressed with your thoroughness and quick communication."
"The Digital Success Agency team is knowledgeable and hard working; just what we need from a strategic partner as we look to grow our business. I would recommend them for your SEO and PPC needs without hesitation. Four years ago we made that decision and it's paid off nicely!"
"Having Digital Success Agency as our SEO partner has allowed our agency to concentrate on what we do best. Developing full creative campaigns are what we excel at as a group. Incorporating Digital Success Agency SEO plans and developing web tools to support the creative that we develop provides support for all our client initiatives. As an agency I would recommend engaging Digital Success Agency in web projects of all levels."
"Having worked with Digital Success Agency since 2006, it has always been a great experience working with all the folks over there. They are extremely qualified, and have always demonstrated an incredible level of enthusiasm and professionalism when working with me. I'd recommend them to anyone looking to expand in-house capabilities, or is looking to bring on outside resources."
"You have been by far the best outside resources I've worked with for SEO and it's reflected in the clients you managed - all grew their traffic, keyword rankings, and leads under you. You've been a big help for me over the last few years and I really appreciate it. "
Google has been quite active in August – announcing one of their biggest updates in over a decade – The ‘Helpful Content Update’, along with...
We live in a day and age where traditional marketing methods don’t work as effectively, even for localized businesses like construction companies. Convenience is driving...
SEO stands for search engine optimization. It is a strategy that helps you rank your website or the content higher on search engines. If you...
Are You Aware of these 10 (un)Popular SEO and Digital Marketing Scams & Steps to Safeguard Yourself?
Let’s go by the statistics first! Almost 70% of businesses are offered search engine optimization services, if not more, once every week. Yes, that’s how...