Over the years, the entire world has started shifting to online shopping; it has changed the market in plenty of ways. How businesses market their...
Know the Facts
Just under half of Google users access information via a mobile device (as high as 48%!).
Google and Bing give higher rankings to responsive websites.
Of the top 10,000 websites only 18.7% are responsive – this is your chance to get ahead!
So, what does “responsive” even mean and what does it have to do with mobile devices?
Know Your Terms
Responsive Design– What makes a website easy to read, well-scaled and functional no matter what device it is accessed from (mobile, tablet, desktop). And bonus- it’s affordable.
Viewport– The section of content a viewer is able to see on their screen (no matter what size screen that may be).
Responsive Design is essential in today’s e-commerce market. Here’s what to not forget when considering making your website responsive:
Know Your Consumer
- Consumers now view pages in both portrait and landscape orientations, it is important that they be able to view all necessary information on your website no matter the direction of their screen.
- Consumers will leave a website after 5 seconds of slow loading. Your website must be streamlined to reduce lag.
- It is essential to consider header size when investigating a responsive website. If the site scales properly, great! But if the header is still the main portion of their initial viewport- not so great.
- Reduce additional navigation steps and ensure that all necessary information to navigate your website with ease is visible from the start. Consumers do not want to have to search too hard for what they are looking for.
- Don’t forget to make navigation targets simple for mobile use. What does this mean? Consider the effects of navigating your website on a touch screen from a mouse-enabled screen.
Outrank your Competition on Google in 90 Days!
Contact us to get a free SEO/PPC audit and discuss how you can outrank your competition within the first 3 months.
Taking all of this into consideration here are some great tools to help you get started on your Responsive Design:
Know Your Tools
- BuiltWith.com – A simple search of a website here will reveal what the website was designed with. This instantly provides you with vital information in regards to how much you can change the current design of your website.
- Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test – Shows a user how their website appears on a mobile device. Take the test to see how your website measures up.
- Template Monster/Webflow – The place to go when your current website template isn’t responsive. If your template isn’t responsive now it will be much cheaper to buy a new one in the long run. Remember smaller screens are a part of every consumer’s daily life, missing out on a Responsive Design is missing out on half of Google’s traffic.
- Google Analytics – The tool that can tell you which platform viewers of your website are coming from (most likely, a good chunk of these will be mobile users). This is great for the curious soul who wants to see the numbers.
Responsive Design is essential to the survival of any website in today’s e-market. Our screens are getting smaller and more accessible every year. It’d be utter neglect to have our web design community not respond in kind.
Image Source: https://www.pexels.com/photo/apple-iphone-desk-office-425/
We've optimized 5000+ websites and managed a combined Ads Budget of over 50M
Get in touch to know how we can help your business grow. Get a Free Website Audit in the process
"We are grateful for the guidance we received from Digital Success Agency with our SEO efforts. Not only did they help increase traffic to our site, they also made suggestions for improvements so that we could enhance our content. Team was always helpful and quick with any requests or questions we had. We were very happy with this partnership."
"Digital Success Agency team does great work and provides great customer service. Their prices are very reasonable as well. I like the fact that I have a person dedicated to my account that I can turn with all my questions/issues."
"Things are looking good. The influence of the top ten looks great and it appears we were even in terms of overall traffic from November to December aside from lower PPC numbers which is what we are attempting to do. Nice work. I am excited to see how things shake out when our busy season starts to really take off. Thanks again to you and the team."
"It was a pleasure working with Digital Success Agency team. I wanted to make sure I thanked you for all your hard work, and such speedy communication and clear updates. Again it was great to have you as part of our team."
"We appreciate the help you all have provided with our website and SEO efforts. And though you and I had just started working together, I personally have been very impressed with your thoroughness and quick communication."
"The Digital Success Agency team is knowledgeable and hard working; just what we need from a strategic partner as we look to grow our business. I would recommend them for your SEO and PPC needs without hesitation. Four years ago we made that decision and it's paid off nicely!"
"Having Digital Success Agency as our SEO partner has allowed our agency to concentrate on what we do best. Developing full creative campaigns are what we excel at as a group. Incorporating Digital Success Agency SEO plans and developing web tools to support the creative that we develop provides support for all our client initiatives. As an agency I would recommend engaging Digital Success Agency in web projects of all levels."
"Having worked with Digital Success Agency since 2006, it has always been a great experience working with all the folks over there. They are extremely qualified, and have always demonstrated an incredible level of enthusiasm and professionalism when working with me. I'd recommend them to anyone looking to expand in-house capabilities, or is looking to bring on outside resources."
"You have been by far the best outside resources I've worked with for SEO and it's reflected in the clients you managed - all grew their traffic, keyword rankings, and leads under you. You've been a big help for me over the last few years and I really appreciate it. "
Google has been quite active in August – announcing one of their biggest updates in over a decade – The ‘Helpful Content Update’, along with...
We live in a day and age where traditional marketing methods don’t work as effectively, even for localized businesses like construction companies. Convenience is driving...
SEO stands for search engine optimization. It is a strategy that helps you rank your website or the content higher on search engines. If you...
Are You Aware of these 10 (un)Popular SEO and Digital Marketing Scams & Steps to Safeguard Yourself?
Let’s go by the statistics first! Almost 70% of businesses are offered search engine optimization services, if not more, once every week. Yes, that’s how...