Over the years, the entire world has started shifting to online shopping; it has changed the market in plenty of ways. How businesses market their...
- Is there anything like a SEO-friendly blog?
- What should be the ideal length of your blogs for SEO?
- Is there anything like a perfect blog?
- What are the ways to search engine optimize your blog content?
Let’s start with some basic questions and find all the answers.
What is a perfect blog?
Is there anything like a perfect blog? At Digital Success, we define any blog that can garner a high readership and engagement as perfect, well maybe not perfect but excellent. The success of content depends on several personalized factors. If you have a strategy and stick to the plan, you can almost attain perfection. Our intended audience has access to several blogs each day and if they read average content, chances are that they will abandon your blog.
We’d like to define any blog that gets a high number of leads as a perfect blog.
What can a perfect blog do for you?
We already told you what a perfect blog can do for you. It can get you leads and increase your revenue. Writing engaging blogs, in general, can help you immensely.
- It can help your enterprise be perceived as a thought leader
- It can help you establish authority
- It can help you establish a rapport with your readers (who may or may not convert to your customers)
- It can help you establish your brand, brand story and USP
- It’s an excellent opportunity to brag about your expertise
- It helps you stay ahead of the curve
- It’s free PR
- Most importantly, search engines rank websites that update their content regularly (ensure that you use relevant keywords and publish engaging content)
Key features of a perfect blog (and tips to make the blog content search engine optimized)
- Craft a great headline (one that has some business relevant keywords too)
- Conduct a keyword research before writing the blog. Including relevant keywords in the headline and blog content can help you with the rankings
- Meta description describes the HTML attribute that provide information about the content of the page. It’s the short description that you see on SERP as a preview to what the page is about. The meta description should be as compelling as the blog for readers to click on it and read (meta description should ideally be around 155 characters)
- Your blog images must be interesting and intriguing. You must ensure that you can legally use and distribute the image(s) that you use in the blogs
- Ensure that the introduction covers what the blog is about. Make it crisp and ensure that it’s an extension of your heading and summary for the rest of the blog
- Break down your blog into sub-headings that are coherent
- Whenever you mention numbers, write numerals rather than words. It’s a good practice to attract user attention
- You must remember to conclude the blog. It doesn’t have to be lengthy but a quick recap of the entire blog. Imagine if somebody doesn’t read the entire blog then what are the most important points that you must cover in the conclusion
- Include a call to action or a CTA. At the end of the blog, what do you expect the reader to do? Provide a link to another web page or form so that they can connect with you for further discussions
- Ensure that your blog is mobile-friendly. Google will display mobile-friendly websites higher to the ones that are not. Just check if your blog pages are responsive
- If you wish to maximize your blog impact, just keep yourself abreast with all the changes that happen. Subscribe to all the updates on Google’s official blog
How long should your blog post be to rank on search engines?
It’s a best practice to write long blog posts to get a high search engine ranking. If you have a blog post that is more than 1000 words, chances are that it will have an improved ranking. If the blog post has a length of over 2000 words, chances of getting ranked on the 1st page are much higher.
There is no need for keyword stuffing and you can intelligently and skillfully insert keywords across the blog content. You can include more images, more sub-headings, and more links to make the blog content more engaging.
The blog content must be easy to read, insightful and must have an option of being shared on social media channels. The blog content must be structured with short paragraphs communicating a clear message. You must avoid complicated vocabulary and use of passive voice.
There can be exceptions to this.
- At times if you write on a trending topic, that does not meet the wordcount requirement, it can get popular.
- If influencers endorse your blog, chances are that your blog post can get popular irrespective of the length.
- If the blog has quality content, readers will like the research and analysis that has gone into it. More importantly, it must have an important takeaway
How often should you publish a blog post to rank on search engines?
You will hear a lot of people suggest that you publish your blogs weekly. Blogging is at the heart of content marketing and you must ensure that you publish the blogs frequently and consistently (fix a day to publish the content). Consistency can nurture a discipline, deadline and set the expectation of the readers. You must commit to a sustainable blog calendar.
We have learnt that corporate blogging is like a marathon. The expectations of different readers are different for every industry and the type of business that you’re doing. Identifying your readers and being able to understand their preferences is the key to a successful blogging initiative.
Promote your blog
You must have your blog at all the right places so that it gets visible to the interested readers. Share it on social media channels right after you publish it. You can also submit on business relevant blog directories and other relevant websites. It will give you increased exposure and enhance your domain authority.
Writing high-quality and engaging content is a tough task. There might be situations where you have industry’s best experts but ones who are unable to articulate. If the experts can articulate, they may not be able to incorporate the SEO best practices so that your blog gets noticed or ranked. If you think you have great content but no expertise to promote it or in case you don’t have content at all and wish to start a corporate blog, we’re right here with our content marketing expertise and ears.
We've optimized 5000+ websites and managed a combined Ads Budget of over 50M
Get in touch to know how we can help your business grow. Get a Free Website Audit in the process
"We are grateful for the guidance we received from Digital Success Agency with our SEO efforts. Not only did they help increase traffic to our site, they also made suggestions for improvements so that we could enhance our content. Team was always helpful and quick with any requests or questions we had. We were very happy with this partnership."
"Digital Success Agency team does great work and provides great customer service. Their prices are very reasonable as well. I like the fact that I have a person dedicated to my account that I can turn with all my questions/issues."
"Things are looking good. The influence of the top ten looks great and it appears we were even in terms of overall traffic from November to December aside from lower PPC numbers which is what we are attempting to do. Nice work. I am excited to see how things shake out when our busy season starts to really take off. Thanks again to you and the team."
"It was a pleasure working with Digital Success Agency team. I wanted to make sure I thanked you for all your hard work, and such speedy communication and clear updates. Again it was great to have you as part of our team."
"We appreciate the help you all have provided with our website and SEO efforts. And though you and I had just started working together, I personally have been very impressed with your thoroughness and quick communication."
"The Digital Success Agency team is knowledgeable and hard working; just what we need from a strategic partner as we look to grow our business. I would recommend them for your SEO and PPC needs without hesitation. Four years ago we made that decision and it's paid off nicely!"
"Having Digital Success Agency as our SEO partner has allowed our agency to concentrate on what we do best. Developing full creative campaigns are what we excel at as a group. Incorporating Digital Success Agency SEO plans and developing web tools to support the creative that we develop provides support for all our client initiatives. As an agency I would recommend engaging Digital Success Agency in web projects of all levels."
"Having worked with Digital Success Agency since 2006, it has always been a great experience working with all the folks over there. They are extremely qualified, and have always demonstrated an incredible level of enthusiasm and professionalism when working with me. I'd recommend them to anyone looking to expand in-house capabilities, or is looking to bring on outside resources."
"You have been by far the best outside resources I've worked with for SEO and it's reflected in the clients you managed - all grew their traffic, keyword rankings, and leads under you. You've been a big help for me over the last few years and I really appreciate it. "
Google has been quite active in August – announcing one of their biggest updates in over a decade – The ‘Helpful Content Update’, along with...
We live in a day and age where traditional marketing methods don’t work as effectively, even for localized businesses like construction companies. Convenience is driving...
SEO stands for search engine optimization. It is a strategy that helps you rank your website or the content higher on search engines. If you...
Are You Aware of these 10 (un)Popular SEO and Digital Marketing Scams & Steps to Safeguard Yourself?
Let’s go by the statistics first! Almost 70% of businesses are offered search engine optimization services, if not more, once every week. Yes, that’s how...