The Right Marketing Tactics for Growing any Online Business During COVID-19
In the earlier days, being found on the web did not involve a lot of technicalities. Unlike the present day, in which you need to know the length and breadth of digital techniques to rank up. The digital landscape is transforming. The most common word heard by businesses is marketing. No, it is not about billboards and radio advertisements. Rather, it is about making a mark on the web. Usually, we hear the terms digital marketing, web marketing and online marketing. These are synonymous to each other. Just to state the fact that over billions of people are surfing the web at the same time as you are. This itself justifies the need for internet and marketing at the hour.
What is Online Marketing?
People associate online marketing with pricey strategies and techniques. But, it is not the case. You need not spend hefty amounts to market your online business. Especially with small businesses and startups, the individual can do the marketing themselves by following the right strategies. But what exactly is online marketing? Online marketing is marketing your blogs or business to rank up on the SERP and increase customer base or generation of leads.
For online marketing, first, you need to decide on the product and the target audience. Next, all you need to do is, on the front end, use smart marketing strategies. And on the back end retain and grow the leads and customers.
Things to consider before starting an online marketing
It is important to consider certain factors to give a kick start to the marketing process. There is no magic trick for marketing. But, your tricks can work magic if carried out by consistency and right tactics. The things to consider include:
- Target audience: This is the foremost aspect to make any digital marketing strategy You need to know the target audience and the industry well. This allows for making strategies viable. Social media will not work. Email marketing will not work. Or any other strategy will go down until you target the right audience.
- Market research: Conduct thorough market research. There is nothing more important than understanding the customer’s pain points and expectations. You can do this with a market survey form.
- Analytics platform: Along with market research, compare the growth with other competitive sites. This makes it easier to analyse the growth and application of the strategies. It also increases the potential for upsells and market engagement.
- Set goals: It is important to set the goals for your business. No matter how small they are. It can include reaching a lead of 100, or just a CTR of 1000. This allows the individual to work and develop strategies aligning with the goals.
Tools for online business marketing
After conducting the market research, comes the process of implementation of the techniques. You need not worry about the excessive expenditure on marketing. Most small businesses can do it through the free tools for online business marketing. These include:
- Email marketing: Many times you find deals from the websites you surfed on. This is how email marketing looks like. Offers and deals according to the customer’s choice. Email marketing is one of the most trusted ways to increase the Click Through Rate (CTR) on the website. Adding offers and details on emails allows re-targeting the customer to the website. This further helps in lead generation.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization): Marketing is related to SEO. It is one of the organic marketing methods. With thorough research, you can easily rank up on the SERP (Search Engine Results Page). You need to cover several aspects of SEO. These include both on-page and off-page SEO.
- Keyword research: Whether it be blogging or analytics, keywords play an important role. Their inclusion in the headings and subheadings also makes a difference. Even on Google My Business, using well-researched keywords increases the rank of the business.
- Blogging: Wondering how blogging relates to business marketing? Well, that is how online marketing works. Blogging helps in increasing business exposure. Posting business-related content on the web helps in increasing the customer base.
- eBay store: For all the e-commerce sites, or small businesses, eBay can work wonders. It increases the visibility of the business. This leads to a sure-shot increase in sales. They also offer several sales tools to expand the customer base.
- Guest posts: Guest posting allows adding value to your business. However, it is essential to target the blogs of your niche. Guest posts allow you to reach a wider audience. It serves the purpose of re-targeting the audience to your website.
- Social media marketing: Where do you spend most of your time while using your phone? Undoubtedly, these are social media sites. Whether it be LinkedIn or Instagram, social media is a great method for customer engagement. All you need to do is follow the right tricks. One major technique is posting engaging and influential content.
- Content marketing: Content is a digital leader. An advertisement, video or even a poster without good content is of no use. It educates the customers about the services offered, acting as the support system of digital marketing.
- Video marketing: The second most popular search engine is YouTube. This justifies the importance of video marketing. Many times people opt for videos over blogs. This is quite a powerful method for your business promotion.
- Influencer marketing: With Instagram impacting the youth, influencer marketing is on a rise. Many times influencers impact and attract the customers, unlike other methods. It is because of their fan base. People usually end up trusting the people they follow on social media platforms, which is a basic human tendency. This leads to customer acquisition.
- Paid Advertisement: In case you have a certain budget for marketing, paid advertisements are the trick for marketing your business. These include Facebook ads, LinkedIn ads, Google Ads, among others. It helps to attract and retarget the customers to the main site.
Congratulations on getting through all these tricks for marketing.
Well, all these tactics help in adding value to the products and services. Most companies spend hefty amounts to market their business. However, you need not do that. You must follow the right tricks and maintain consistency. Marketing won’t show drastic results in a day. It takes time. You need to have the patience to build the customer base and increase the ranking. With tons of free tools out there, you can make an impact globally for customer acquisition.
The last and most important thing to remember is that the market changes constantly. You just can’t rely on a single method. You need to evolve your techniques according to the demand of the industry.