In the age of personalization, every digital marketing company wants to acquire a white label tool. They don’t want the tool’s branding to stand out...
SaaS SEO: An Actionable Strategy for SaaS Businesses Growth
What Is SaaS SEO?
The method of increasing organic traffic to a SaaS (Software as a Service) company’s website by getting top rankings on search engine results pages (SERPs) for a list of relevant keywords is known as SaaS SEO.
Why Is SEO Important for SaaS Businesses?
Many custom SaaS development company seem to be good at turning to performance marketing and paid media to drive growth, as we’ve already mentioned. However, the focus has shifted quickly to organic growth.
But why is SEO so essential for SaaS companies? Why should you invest in a comprehensive strategy?
- SEO Can Assist You in Exponentially Growing Your Business
- SEO Can Assist You in Lowering Your Cost-Per-Acquisition
- Customers ARE Converted TO US From Other Channels Using SEO
SaaS Keyword Research Strategy: Maximizing Across the Funnel
Keywords for SaaS at the Top of the Funnel
- Top of the funnel SaaS keywords are those that your prospects use to find a solution to a problem they’re having.
- They are likely unaware that a software platform like yours exists.
- There’s a good chance they’re the target audience for the platform, and they could benefit from it.
- Let’s consider this with an example of the Ahrefs tool.
- When someone searches for software such as Ahrefs, they may use keywords such as,
1. Keyword finder
2. keyword finder tool
3. Free keyword finder tool
4. Online tool for keyword
- These keywords are the most popular in searches and clicks, but they’re also the least targeted and have the lowest conversion rates. However, they’re meant to raise awareness of your company and establish you as a reliable option further down the sales funnel.
Keywords for SaaS in the Middle of the Funnel
- When your prospect is aware that a solution exists but hasn’t begun to investigate their options in-depth, these are the middle of the funnel keywords. Continuing Ahrefs example: It means they’re looking for keywords that will help them find options that meet their requirements.
- These are some examples of keywords:
1. Keyword-finding software
2. Keyword research tool for website ranking
3. Tool to find keywords for Ads ranking
4. Keyword finder for website ranking
5. As a result, the features of your software must rank for such keywords.
- There is now a desire to buy, but it is unlikely to happen right away. Because the prospect is still weighing options, gaining visibility is crucial. For these queries, ‘product’ or ‘feature’ landing pages, or something similar, will usually rank.
Keywords for SaaS at the Bottom of the Funnel
- When a prospect reaches the bottom of the funnel, they are ready to decide.
- They know that a solution to their problem exists, and they know who provides these solutions. They need to decide which option best meets their requirements.
- These searchers are aware of your product and enter queries to make a purchase.
- Continuing example: They already know what other software is available on the market to solve their problems. Yet, they are now only expected to make decisions.
- If I talk about keywords, a searcher might look for your software using terms like,
1. Ahrefs low price
2. Pricing for Ahrefs
3. Ahrefs user reviews
4. Ahrefs vs Semrush pricing
- Now it’s up to you to try and convince the target audience that your software is the best fit for their needs and get them to sign up.
7 Steps SaaS SEO Strategy for the Business
Here are the seven key elements to consider when developing a successful SaaS SEO strategy.
1. Technical Optimization Should Never Be Undervalued
There are a few aspects of technical SEO that are frequently overlooked:
- Pages that have been broken (404 errors)
- Chains of redirects
- XML sitemaps are missing or outdated.
Crawl budget optimization requires keeping your website free of errors and long redirect chains. A flexible XML sitemap presented in Google Search Console and is kept up-to-date as new content is added serves the same purpose.
Low page speed and a bad user experience
Google already considers a variety of user engagement signals, such as page loading speed, when deciding where a page should appear in search results. However, according to a recent official announcement about Core Web Vitals, which will be included in Google’s ranking algorithm starting in 2021, fast speed and flawless UX are essential for SEO.
Data that is organized
Generic Structured data types like Organization, CreativeWork, and Breadcrumbs are used on most websites. On the other hand, many SaaS companies do not take advantage of the Software Apps structured data.
2. Select the Appropriate Keywords and Write the Appropriate Content
Keyword clustering and thorough keyword research will reveal what your users are looking for. However, you should always combine keyword data with CTR and user intent (Information, Consideration, Transaction).
Using very generic product descriptions (“innovative platform,” “cutting edge solution,” etc.) is a common mistake in SaaS SEO. The truth is that they sound great for branding, but they don’t set you apart from your competitors or provide users with a clear and quick solution to the problems your product solves.
Make sure your pages have clear messaging and use language that your target audience understands. Search engines and users favour you by creating useful and logical internal links.
It’s not easy to create enough content to demonstrate your expertise, but it’s an investment that pays off over time. After you’ve established a few high-performing pages, you can focus your efforts on improving existing content as well as creating new content. Here’s how to get started with SaaS content marketing and scale it up.
3. Demonstrate expertise and authority to gain trust
The so-called E-A-T signals (Expertise, Authority, and Trust) can aid in the establishment of trust on your website. Make sure to credit your content’s authors, share your company’s goals and accomplishments, and include third-party reviews and testimonials.
The main driver for these changes, similar to UX, should be to build trust with users, though they will also build trust with search engines.
4. Don’t Be Hasty When It Comes to Link Building
Off-site SEO (link building) is an expensive and time-consuming way to begin your organic growth strategy.
Backlinks are still an essential ranking factor, but before you start email outreach, ensure you have the correct content and a solid on-page technical foundation. You can always combine your branding and public relations efforts with a backlink strategy, which will yield far better results than directly paying for links, which is against Google’s policies and will result in penalties.
5. Make Content That Is Better Than Your Competitors
The success of SaaS SEO is heavily rooted in exceptional content creation. However, if you want to outrank and beat your competitors, you’ll have to provide better material than they do. It holds for both your blog and product material. Your site’s content must be superior to your competitors on every page.
But, exactly, what does “better content” imply? It signifies that it provides a better answer to the searcher’s query than any other available result. It could imply:
- Longer content
- Content that dives deeper into a topic (as opposed to simply being lengthier)
- To make a page more entertaining, use images or video.
- It’s been formatted to make it easier to read.
Don’t make the mistake of looking at your competitor’s word count and then producing 30% more words. That shouldn’t be the goal of greater content creation.
6. Follow the 70/20/10 guideline when it comes to SaaS SEO.
On-page SEO is something that should never disregard. To put your SaaS SEO plan into action, take the following steps:
- 70% – 70% of your outcomes will be generated by on-page SEO along with your content strategy.
- 20% – A focus on internal linking framework, error/broken link/page loading speed corrections and enhancements will provide you with an extra 20%.
- 10% – With the heavy lifting of backlink construction, social media activities, and so forth, the remaining 10% will be the declining returns.
If you follow all of the procedures, the content and internal linking should complement one another. You will not receive any links if you do not give value to the person/company (or their audience) from whom you are attempting to obtain a link.
You should optimise the URL, meta title, meta description, and alt tags in addition to some of the body text. It is because your meta title and meta description are the only two locations where you must include the precise term you want to rank for your content.
7. Make your SaaS SEO keywords and phrases a top priority.
This one is straightforward, although time-consuming, but beneficial.
- Once you’ve collected all of the keywords depending on the input data, move on to the next step.
- Make a column in your spreadsheet for keyword prioritisation. It’s easiest to conceal all columns except your keyword and priority column for this stage so you can concentrate on the terms.
- Choose from “High,” “Medium,” or “Low” for your keywords. Next, remove everything you don’t wish to compare or rank from the list; after noting all of those, filter for your high keywords and pick your top 10 or 15 that best suit the content.
- The goal is to create a priority list that isn’t based on purchase intent, SEO value, or search volume – this will be the framework and priority list for new material. The heart of the most valuable aspects to rank for, whether it’s for lead generation, thought leadership, or owning a space, will be determined by your top 10-15 keywords.
Remember that Search Engine Optimisation is a continuous process, and SEO for a SaaS development company is extremely competitive. As a result, your SEO strategy should regularly be evaluated for relevance and improvements to produce high-quality results and generate revenue.
Outrank your Competition on Google in 90 Days!
Contact us to get a free SEO/PPC audit and discuss how you can outrank your competition within the first 3 months.
Krunal Panchal is the CEO & Co-founder of Groovy Web. Krunal has been a hardcore programmer since he was 11 and started his professional career very young. His technical and logical mind drove him to choose coding as his destiny.
We've optimized 5000+ websites and managed a combined Ads Budget of over 50M
Get in touch to know how we can help your business grow. Get a Free Website Audit in the process
"We are grateful for the guidance we received from Digital Success Agency with our SEO efforts. Not only did they help increase traffic to our site, they also made suggestions for improvements so that we could enhance our content. Team was always helpful and quick with any requests or questions we had. We were very happy with this partnership."
"Digital Success Agency team does great work and provides great customer service. Their prices are very reasonable as well. I like the fact that I have a person dedicated to my account that I can turn with all my questions/issues."
"Things are looking good. The influence of the top ten looks great and it appears we were even in terms of overall traffic from November to December aside from lower PPC numbers which is what we are attempting to do. Nice work. I am excited to see how things shake out when our busy season starts to really take off. Thanks again to you and the team."
"It was a pleasure working with Digital Success Agency team. I wanted to make sure I thanked you for all your hard work, and such speedy communication and clear updates. Again it was great to have you as part of our team."
"We appreciate the help you all have provided with our website and SEO efforts. And though you and I had just started working together, I personally have been very impressed with your thoroughness and quick communication."
"The Digital Success Agency team is knowledgeable and hard working; just what we need from a strategic partner as we look to grow our business. I would recommend them for your SEO and PPC needs without hesitation. Four years ago we made that decision and it's paid off nicely!"
"Having Digital Success Agency as our SEO partner has allowed our agency to concentrate on what we do best. Developing full creative campaigns are what we excel at as a group. Incorporating Digital Success Agency SEO plans and developing web tools to support the creative that we develop provides support for all our client initiatives. As an agency I would recommend engaging Digital Success Agency in web projects of all levels."
"Having worked with Digital Success Agency since 2006, it has always been a great experience working with all the folks over there. They are extremely qualified, and have always demonstrated an incredible level of enthusiasm and professionalism when working with me. I'd recommend them to anyone looking to expand in-house capabilities, or is looking to bring on outside resources."
"You have been by far the best outside resources I've worked with for SEO and it's reflected in the clients you managed - all grew their traffic, keyword rankings, and leads under you. You've been a big help for me over the last few years and I really appreciate it. "
Over the years, the entire world has started shifting to online shopping; it has changed the market in plenty of ways. How businesses market their...
Google has been quite active in August – announcing one of their biggest updates in over a decade – The ‘Helpful Content Update’, along with...
We live in a day and age where traditional marketing methods don’t work as effectively, even for localized businesses like construction companies. Convenience is driving...
SEO stands for search engine optimization. It is a strategy that helps you rank your website or the content higher on search engines. If you...